Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Singer ~ 1917 ~ Model 127 Treadle

Great news, finally after searching for years for a treadle, I ran into the perfect one for me at a local estate sale.

And this is it!
















This is it after I spent a day just cleaning it up a little and putting on the belt.


It's amazing what just a little oiling and a little polish can do.  I threaded it up and the stitches came out perfect the first run.  I was really fortunate to run into a machine with all the bits and pieces and even the manual.  "All original" this machine was really taken care of well.

Just so you know, you still can find good deals on treadle's.  I was able to pick this one up for $70.00.  I was thrilled when I looked at the tag.

I see a new quilt being made in the near future.

Until next time...Happy Sewing!  Seam Ripper Joe