Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Wash Away Wonder Tape by Collins ~ My new best friend!


This is my new best friend when it comes to sewing hems and sewing down collar stands.  It's very easy to use where needles can sometimes be tricky or for narrower hems where steam from your iron can burn your fingers.  It's called Wash Away Wonder Tape and you can purchase it WAWAK Sewing for $2.99 each or $2.70 when you order 3 or more.

It's a double sided transparent tape that can be stitched  through and will not gum up your needle.  It comes in 1/4" x 10 yards and is super simple to use.

For instance lets do a  narrow hem, this can be tricky for me sometimes because when I measure the hem and hold it down with my fingers steam at times catches them and can really burn them good.  I've let out more than one cuss word or two ironing down this type of hem.  It catches you totally off guard.  With Wonder tape you just roll it out and tack it down to the area your going to fold over.



After you have it in place you just peal the back of the tape off and start folding your fabric over to the width you need your hem.



I usually apply it one more time and then roll it over again for a nice clean finished look.



When I'm done with my last fold I give it a once over with the iron to smooth it out and then sew my seam in.  It really does an extraordinary job on making the perfect hem and for collar stands where needles can be tricky sometimes, it's revolutionized that for me.

So if those narrow hems at times have you #%$*#@! from the steam from your iron give Wonder tape a try you won't be disappointed.

Until Next Time....Happy Sewing!    Seam Ripper Joe