Monday, December 7, 2015

KWIK SEW 2258 Men's Band Collar Shirt


I have always had a great fondness for band collar shirts.  So when I ran into this KWIK SEW pattern I just had to buy it.  A little while after that I ran into the perfect fabrics for it.


They are 100% cotton, with a type of seersucker ripple to them.  With a little bit of weight.  "Perfect".



So after ironing and retracing my pattern with Swedish Tracing Paper (Still my favorite).  I went directly into cutting and sewing mode.  Full disclosure, I took my time.  Worked on it slowly over a 3 week period.  Which really was enjoyable.  I just didn't feel like rushing through it.
















I loved the way this turned out so lets try it on!




So I REALLY have to say, I love this shirt.  Love the way it fits and the way it feels on.  I'm really glad that I made it with a heavier fabric.  Reminds me of the weight of the old Oxford Shirts you use to be able to buy.

With that said...If you've been holding onto a pattern you love, go out and find the perfect fabric and sew it up!  Take your time and enjoy the process.  There's nothing better!

Until next time....Happy Sewing!  Seam Ripper Joe