Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Having fun with my Brother 1034D Serger!

I just cannot express enough how much fun I have been having with my Serger this summer.  I've made Stephanie several pairs of Culottes along with some knit tops.  This is my latest creation I just finished today.



A hanger really doesn't do the top justice but I haven't had the chance to take a picture yet with Stephanie wearing it.  Just a fun summer top sewn with a light weight knit.  She loves it.


I just took several measurements off of some different clothes that she liked and came up with a totally new pattern.  The entire top only consists of 4 different pieces (oops 6 pieces including the 2 pockets).


The front and back top section!



The front and back bottom section.  Well, it will be two different pieces once I cut it out.


My trusty Brother Serger hard at work ; )  The whole top only took a couple of hours to sew together once I figured out the pattern.


The only time I had to use my straight stitch "Singer 66-8" was to sew the pockets on.


Stephanie liked it so much, I'm going to make another out of some pink knit that I had on hand.  I know, I have a laundry list full of patterns I was supposed to be sewing for myself.  But since It took close to a year to finish both quilts, Stephanie felt, "Joey Sewing Deprived" or J.S.D. in clinical terms.  Just ask her it's a real condition.

So to wrap it up I just wanted to say from all the different blogs I read, it looks like M.P.B. day in New York with Peter was another great success.  I so would have liked to have attended but my work doesn't allow us to take days off in the summer. Grrrrr....But, at least I got to read about it.

I hope everyone is having a great summer!

Until next time....Happy Sewing!  Seam Ripper Joe