I just cannot express enough how much fun I have been having with my Serger this summer. I've made Stephanie several pairs of Culottes along with some knit tops. This is my latest creation I just finished today.
A hanger really doesn't do the top justice but I haven't had the chance to take a picture yet with Stephanie wearing it. Just a fun summer top sewn with a light weight knit. She loves it.
I just took several measurements off of some different clothes that she liked and came up with a totally new pattern. The entire top only consists of 4 different pieces (oops 6 pieces including the 2 pockets).
The front and back top section!
The front and back bottom section. Well, it will be two different pieces once I cut it out.
My trusty Brother Serger hard at work ; ) The whole top only took a couple of hours to sew together once I figured out the pattern.
The only time I had to use my straight stitch "Singer 66-8" was to sew the pockets on.
Stephanie liked it so much, I'm going to make another out of some pink knit that I had on hand. I know, I have a laundry list full of patterns I was supposed to be sewing for myself. But since It took close to a year to finish both quilts, Stephanie felt, "Joey Sewing Deprived" or J.S.D. in clinical terms. Just ask her it's a real condition.
So to wrap it up I just wanted to say from all the different blogs I read, it looks like M.P.B. day in New York with Peter was another great success. I so would have liked to have attended but my work doesn't allow us to take days off in the summer. Grrrrr....But, at least I got to read about it.
I hope everyone is having a great summer!
Until next time....Happy Sewing! Seam Ripper Joe