Saturday, September 27, 2014

My First Two Blocks Quilted!

It is pretty exciting to finally start quilting the blocks.  Seeing the vision I had of how I wanted it to look to be actually  taking shape.  You really start feeling a sense of accomplishment.


Here are my first two blocks I just finished quilting.

After I finished sewing my quilt tops there were only a few more steps I needed to take to get to this point.


I cut the 56 blocks of backing fabric.


.......and cotton quilting batting.


It was pretty cool to finally have all my batting cut into blocks.  It meant I was soon going to be quilting.  Yea!


All sandwiched together.  Let the quilting begin.  I'm using the Hobbs Fusible Batting so I didn't even have to pin it together.  You have to love this batting!


It's such an awesome feeling to actually start the quilting.  As you can see all of my points in my blocks didn't always match up like I wanted them to but that's all right.  I still really like how they turned out and it's going to be beautiful when the quilts completed.



Ta-dah!  My very first two blocks completed.  Only 54 more to go.  I'm going to try to have them all quilted up within the next two weeks.  It's getting pretty exciting.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Until next time....Happy Sewing!    Seam Ripper Joe