Monday, August 4, 2014

KWIK Sew 3267 ~ Men's Shorts ~ The tweaked pair!

Is it just me or did July just fly right by!  Zip.....and it was gone!  So without no time to waste here is my revised pair of KWIK Sew 3267 men's shorts.






I liked my last pair that I made and they are very wearable on me, but they really needed to be taken in just a tiny bit in several areas.  So my pattern alterations took place as follows.  Took out 1/2" out of the waist.  3/4" out of each leg seam inside and out and tapered it only up to the crotch and 1/2" out of the seat on both sides.  Hmm....I'm not sure if I explained that very well, but it sure did make a big difference in the fit of my shorts.



Going through some of my fabric I found 1/2 yard of this really unique print that matched the shorts perfectly so I wanted to give it a try for my fly front and pockets.  What do you think?    I sorta like the contrast!


Everything else stayed pretty much the same on them.  Welt pockets.  They are just the most fun to make

So, it looks like falls getting here pretty quick, a lot faster than I thought it would and it's just about time to start gearing up for makes that have cooler weather in mind.  One particular pattern I have in mind is KWIK Sew 1660 ~ The men's Jean Jacket.  I purchased this pattern in the spring and have been itching to sew it since it arrived.  Sewing for fall and winters the best, so many patterns to choose from for men.  With that in mind....

Until next time....Happy sewing!  Seam Ripper Joe