Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The new spring "Crinkle Gauze Duster" in Black!

Hi everyone!  I know it's been a few weeks since my last post and in fact this post was supposed to be about sewing up my new KWIK Sew 3484 pattern with the new Hawaiian Fabric I had delivered.  As fate would have it Stephanie all ready had plans for my next sewing endeavor.

She had in mind a black duster made out of crinkle gauze for work.  Since I didn't have a particular pattern for this one I sorta had to wing it and combine a few different patterns until I came up with a design that she liked.

So without any further delay this is the new Stephanie Duster for 2014!


Black is always a difficult color for me to photograph it always looks so much better in person.  Hopefully the morning sunlight will give me a little hand here.



I really like how the bound button holes came out.  I normally wouldn't have used this type of button hole on such a light fabric but it just seamed fitting for the LaMode buttons I purchased from  Joann Fabrics.  


Always have to have a back view.


I know....I know....I just like taking pictures of my clothing label!


It just wouldn't be finished without the made in the U.S.A. tag!


Stephanie absolutely loves it and it really flows nicely on her.  Talking about setting myself up.  She liked it so very much that she's all ready found 3 or 4 other crinkle gauze colors she wants me to sew it in just to wear around town.  Yikes!  What have I done.


Last but not least I have to give final credit to my awesome Bother Prestige hand crank sewing machine which I sewed this entire garment on.  For some reason I have a special place in my heart for hand crank machines.  I'm not sure if it's because it reminds me of a simpler time or because they're just plain fun to sew with.  One thing I can say with certainty is that it has always given me a perfect stitch!

Until next time....Happy Sewing!    Seam Ripper Joe