Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sewing 911 - Practical and Creative Rescues for Sewing Emergencies by Barbara Deckert










I just wanted to share a new book purchase that I made the other day.  It was a book published in 2001 by Barbara Deckert.  When I came across it on Amazon I was sort of amazed.  It is definitely a sewing book with a twist.  Every sewing book that I own shows you how to properly sew a garment.  Mostly from start to finish.  Barbara put out a book that shows you how to correct all the bungles and mistakes you make while sewing them.  Very cool.  All of us at one time or another have really fumbled a sewing project to the point that it becomes a UFO, well now they don't have to be!  Barbara takes you through step-by-step corrections on how to fix those bungles and once again have a beautiful finished garment.

I know this post is a quick one today, but I thought it was important to share this book with all the sewists out there who finish a project and are not sure how to correct some of the mistakes they've made in them.  This is definitely a must have book for your sewing library.

Until next time....Happy Sewing!  Seam Ripper Joe