Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Wrapping Up....KWIK Sew 1281 "Mens Turtleneck"

I finally found my hunter green fabric.  It wasn't in the Ponte Roma knit like I wanted.  Believe me I hunted far and wide for that particular color in that particular fabric type.  I was beside myself to find "It just does not exist in that color".



I found the fabric that I ended up using at Karens Kreations.  She inherited this particular bolt from the previous owner of the store.  The only thing that was printed on the core was "Hunter Green Knit Fabric - $5.00 a yard"  (Hmm a mystery, I'm intrigued).  Since up to this point I have had no luck what-so-ever finding a suitable hunter green, I was willing to give it a shot.


This was really a different type of knit.  It seemed more like a sweater knit.  It was really soft and had a little more stretch than I was used to sewing with.    With that being said though, it felt so good to the touch that I just had to buy it.  Always up for a challenge and knowing I had a really good walking foot that never let me down.  I was ready to sew my fourth and final turtleneck for this winter season.


Since it had so much stretch to it I had to pick up a couple new techniques to adding the bias binding to the shoulder seams.  In the end it came out just right.


So here we are at the end of another series for a pattern.

Below is a little final photo recap of them all.





I have really enjoyed sewing each and every one of them.


I highly recommend this pattern for anyone who needs a nice warm turtleneck this winter.  For me, it's time to tuck this one back into the pattern archives and call her done.

Until Next time....Happy Sewing!  Seam Ripper Joe