Thursday, November 28, 2013

"Back in Black"....KWIK Sew 1281 Turtleneck

I have to say, I really love this pattern.  It's easy to cut out and sew and the fit is just the way I like it.



Since I am a big turtleneck fan anyway, it only makes sense to roll out as many as I need for the winter all in a row, in a nice variety of colors.  This particular one is going to be made from a Ponte Roma black knit.  I just cannot say enough about the Ponte Roma Knits.  I absolutely love the sturdiness and the ease of sewing of the fabric.  I highly recommend it!  It's just a good all around knit.




The whole pattern is really easy to pin down and cut out.  The pieces also fit together really nicely before you sew them together.


On the bottom of my turtlenecks I always give the hem a double row of zigzag stitches.  I try to incorporate extra stitching anywhere I can.  I just really like sturdy clothing.


Another shirt done!  Yaah!


One step closer to R.T.W. independence.


Another area I always try to incorporate extra stitching.  In the shoulders and around the arms.


That's it for today.  Hats off to everyone this holiday season.  I hope all of you are having a wonderful thanksgiving with family and friends.

Until next time....Happy Sewing!    Seam Ripper Joe