Tuesday, July 16, 2013

When the "Going Gets Tough - The Tough Go"........Fabric Shopping!

I can't speak for everyone, but there are day's when I wake up in the morning that I just have to get that extra special fix of fabric shopping in.  Stepping out of your sewing room for the day into the sunlight and fresh air and driving to your favorite fabric store - "Let the adventure begin".  You walk in, they greet you by your first name and are always thrilled to see you and hear about the latest garments you've made.   You look thru all the new fabrics running your hands through knits, cottons, silks, denim, corduroy, gabardine...the list goes on and on...life is good!


This is my little slice of "Fabric Heaven" on the Jersey Shore - "Karens Kreations".  Once I leave the island it only takes about 10 minutes to arrive. 


I know, I know, it's rare for me to have a photo of myself in the blog....but this is a special occasion.  "Fabric Shopping Day".  Behind the counter is Karen, the shop owner, master sewist and purveyor of all things wonderful in the sewing industry.


I also want to pick up some cotton fabric while I'm here for a new quick sew pattern.  I used to have a pair of pants like this in the 80's and I loved them.  They were so comfortable.


Fabric, Fabric Everywhere!  Fun Times!


Lace trimmings and more specialty fabrics.


Ribbons and Buttons!


A huge variety of buttons, which reminds me that I have to pick up a couple for my quick sew pattern!


Applique's and Thread.  I always try to pick up a couple of cute applique's every time I'm in Karens shop.  You just never know when you will have that special little spot on what you are sewing, were you'll just need that specific applique.


This was the perfect fabric outing!  I found some wonderful cotton fabric, which feels great to the touch and a nice weight.  Some real nice wooden buttons.  I picked up some extra elastic, I already had the zipper.  So I am good to go...Stay tuned for a segment on my kwik sew 2776 pants to come up on a future post!

That is it, the end of my post for today.  We just have a couple of things left....first, the big "Shout Out".

Today that is going to....Debi of My Happy Sewing Place.  She rock's the Vintage Sewing Patterns of the 30's, 40's and 50's and is an expert sewist.  I am always amazed by the little special details she puts into each one of her pieces.  It inspires me to go that extra little bit on what I am working on.  She has a fabulous blog that you just have to check out.

and also....

This week the "Two Thumbs Up" goes to none other than Karen of Karen's Kreations .  If you ever find yourself in the Atlantic County area of New Jersey and you just have to have that fabric fix.  Just stop on in and pay her a visit, you'll never leave empty handed and you'll have a wonderful time while your there.

Until Next time....Happy Sewing!    Seam Ripper Joe